After a lot of hours, and a few sleepless nights, we completed the Hear Me 101 manual (all 180+ pages of it). The short version on this is that it’s a social advocacy video program, that Hear Me is bringing to schools. There’s a lot of background information required on teaching video, so we constructed this manual to use.
Of course there are edits to be made yet, especially considering the turnaround was so quick. But we’re pretty proud of version 1.0.
We usually have to crank out one sheets on short notice, for foundation meetings and the like. I actually got to take a little time to put this one together, and am really happy with how it turned out. There’s a ton of information in this bad boy.
I’ve been a bad blogger lately. But, you know I’ve got this whole work thing going on and… excuses… and stuff. Anyway, I’ve been putting in a lot of hours getting ready for this Storywalk event. We needed a logo for our fictional news show, and I went sort of old school with it.
Working on some sketches for a possible installation piece. We have a really great artist working with us, and if everything goes as planned, I think it’s going to be pretty cool.
The billboards I did for Hear Me are up around town! I got a few shots of the ones that went up in Brownsville:
If you see one, be sure to get a photo and upload it to the Hear Me Facebook page!
I’ve been neglecting the blog a bit lately, and it’s largely been in the interest of getting the new Hear Me site up and running.
There were obvious graphic changes, and some less obvious (but maybe more important) changes made to the functionality. Much more streamlined and easier to use, and it kicks off our new look. It took a lot of work between myself and our awesome programmer, but it’s working much better than our previous site. You can check out the changes at www.hear-me.net.
We had a funders presentation a few weeks ago for the Hear Me project, and needed a few graphics put together. We wanted something that was a little more interesting to look at than bullet points, and also easier to absorb. So, our project stats, so far:
Not bad for just under a year (and right around 6 months since the Tell-Port graphics overhaul).
I’m settling into my latest gig, which is working on the Hear Me project at Carnegie Mellon’s CREATE Lab. It’s a very cool environment, being able to work in conjunction with the robotics program. I’ve gotten to meet some extremely talented, and crazy smart, people.
We’ve finished the Hear Me website, and I’m now moving on to designing our Tell-Port, which is the portal that teachers will be using to upload kids’ stories. The Tell-Port is completely functional, but we want to improve the usability of the portal and at the same time make the design more in line with the existing site and media kit. We’re in a bit of a rush to get everything up and running, so I’m just keeping one foot in front of the other for now.